After the lectures, I learned that there are different types of layouts on different
websites. That makes me wonder if there is no layout, what would the
websites become.
(What is layout? It involves the arrangement of design contents such as: Texts,
Contents, Colors, Lines)
So how important layout is? Let's take a look at these 2 popular searchers in
Hong Kong first.
What is your feelings towards the two searchers? My feeling is I would definitely
choose Yahoo! as my homepage and searcher. It is because the Yahoo! one is
more appealing and there are many different contents and tools throughout one
page. As for Google, I am not saying it is not good, just it is too simple. I cannot
get what I want on the page immediately.
Back to what I would like to share today. Layout is very important because
layout is first impression.
One of the biggest factors for a random internet surfer to stay and be curious about
the website is layout.Once you don't feel like you are comfortable or feel convenient
about the website,you would never go again. And this is very true in the case of online
business. Take Youtube as an example, it is well- maintained and easy for the visitors to
navigate and enter. Its layout is probably one of the reasons why it is so successful.
Texts: Concise, simple
Contents: Not only can we search what we want, we can also choose the popular,
updated ones
Colors: Simple but clear
Lines(parts): There are around 4 parts on one page (searcher on top, profile on the left,
subscriptions on the middle, recommendation on the right)
Layout is very important. And hope the layout of my blog is good enough to attract
more visitors to come! ^^



Hi!
回覆刪除I think you have given an interesting comparison of Yahoo! and Google's homepages, which I haven't really noticed that before.
For me, both websites are on my 'frequently-used' list and I use them for different purposes. I usually use Google for searching information for doing my assignments and Yahoo! for random browsing.
I think it depends on the usage of the website...the good thing about the simple layout of Google is that it keeps me from being distracted when I use it for doing homework. That's really important, haha. :D
Wendy, I agree with you that Youtube is very user-friendly. With its simple & clear layout and the infinite supply of related videos on the right side, one can just spend a whole day exploring on youtube without getting bored
回覆刪除